Selling puppies does not save a business; it only brings on bad news.
Our Paws-N-Claws campaign started as one of several Holiday Round-A-Bouts, but turned into a 6-month boycott with strong local support. We held 36 protests from November 2010 - May 2011. From blizzards to gale force winds- we were out there! With multiple fume blowing snow blowers and lawn mowers - we were out there! Fowl smells, intimidation photos and frivolous police calls could not stop us.
I want to give a virtual pat the back to those who kept coming out with fierce determination and passion: Olivia, Pam W, Paula, Janet, Sharon, Akshay, Shannon, Christine, Cathy and many others who joined when they could.
Here are some of my personal campaign highlights:
- We collected over 1,000 petition signatures to "End puppy sales in Eastpointe".
- We held a “Puppy Mill Mothers Not Forgotten in Macomb” Vigil.
- Paws-N-Claws started getting 30-day health certificates after we called him out on the Michigan Law.
- Change.org covered our “Have A Heart” Valentines Day events with an educational article “Don't Look for Love at the Pet Store”.
- The Macomb Daily covered our campaign on the front page “Eastpointe store denies puppy mill allegations” calling them out on “filling a niche market”.
More favorite photos.