Novi to stop selling puppies from puppy mills! Join us to form a Puppy
Mill Awareness Human Chain through Novi.
HOSTS: Puppy Mill Awareness of
SE Michigan and The Humane Society of the (HSUS) United States
PRIMARY CONTACT: Pam Sordyl 734-718-7100
CO-HOSTS: If your organization, shelter or business would like to co-host this event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Pam Sordyl. Early notification requested by July 14th. Co-hosting would only involve a few things:
- Your logo on our flyer and other event materials.
- Event promotion on your facebook, twitter and website. Very easy!
- Attend! Wear your organization’s t-shirt and a red bandanna.
The more organizations behind the event, the louder the message to the City Council and Mall Management. We want the mall to GO HUMANE and the city to prohibit the retail sales of puppies!
EVENT DO’S and DON’TS
- DO wear a red bandana.
- DO wear your animal welfare organization’s t-shirt. If independent, wear a black or white shirt.
- DO bring a rain coat, umbrella’s won’t work if we are holding hands!
- DO NOT Bring your dog.
Noviroad is too busy and dangerous.
- DO NOT Bring your own sign. We will provide them.
- DO Park in designated parking areas.
- DO NOT walk or park in Twelve Oaks mall parking lots. We have to stay on public property. For this event we will not need to cut across the mall property. The easement is approximately 20 feet from the road.
- DO NOT go into either puppy store, before, during or after the event.
- DO NOT block the footpath, so please make sure that you stay up against the east-side railing of the overpass and allow free passage of cyclists and pedestrians.
- DO NOT pass out flyers. We will have approved literature and can not interfere with traffic.
- DO NOT interrupt the flow of traffic. Tell people to pull around near one of the check-in areas if they have questions.
- DO NOT approach cars exiting the mall at the light.
- DO be peaceful and do not engage with any opposition.
- DO NOT respond to any taunts, verbal abuse or insults coming from passerbys - YOUR ADVERSE REACTION is what they want. We usually just wave as if they were supporting us!
- DO obey police officers, no questions asked. Always cooperate even if you feel like something is unfair. We can always handle issues at the police station the next day. Direct officers to an event coordinator.
- NOTHING is permitted to be put into the ground. We may have pre-approved banners, but they will need to be held.
- NOTHING is permitted to be affixed to any part of the overpass, railings, or municipal signs.
- NOTHING is permitted to be dropped or thrown from the overpass.